Under 8's Policy
Policy applicable during all session types, with the exception of ‘Family Sessions’ only, whereby policy ratio is relaxed to allow for 1 Adult to 2 Children under the age of 8 years
1. Under 8's admission policy applies- see pictogram above which explains this. ALL NON SWIMMERS MUST WEAR ARM BANDS OR BUOYANCY AID. No refund will be provided if admission is refused due to an insufficient adult to child ratio.
2. Opening times, and facility operation (pools and slides, admission charges vary in accordance to date please check our opening times page or call before your visit.
3. The pools are supervised at all times by qualified lifeguards, however, children remain the responsibility of their parents/ guardians at all times. Never leave a child under the age of 8 unsupervised at any time.
4. Pool users must obey the instructions of the lifeguards. Failure to do so may result in injury and privileges will be withdrawn.
5. Pushchairs where possible should not be brought in to the waterpark due to limited space. Where they do come into the waterpark please leave in the designated area poolside. Please note puschairs and their contents are left at your own rislk.
6. The pools operate a ‘no diving, running, ducking, pushing in or bombing policy’. Flippers and snorkels are also not permitted unless within an organised session.
7. The floors in all areas may become slippery when wet – please take care and do not run.
8. In the interest of hygiene please encourage children to use the toilet before swimming and all bathers please shower before entering the pools using the poolside showers.
9. Please do not use soap in the poolside showers.
10. Swim nappies must be worn by babies (available for purchase in the Splash Shop) Please use the baby changing facilities and dispose of used nappies in the bin.
11. Session length is either 1 hour or 90 minutes, depending on the session. The pool admits constantly using a coloured band system. Removing your coloured band will result in immediate expulsion from the park.
12. Avoid un-ruley behaviour which can be dangerous such as pushing in, diving, bombing, sitting on shoulders, running on poolside.
13. No food or drink items may be brought into the complex. NO GLASS ITEMS may be brought into the complex. Smashed glass presents a significant hazard.
14. Brean Splash operates a no smoking and no alcohol policy. Management reserve the right to refuse entry to those you appear under the influence of alcohol.
15. The Management reserves the right to refuse permission for filming or taking photographs in the waterpark. Photography and filming is prohibited in the changing areas. Please only take close up shots ONLY of your family/friends (with their permission). We reserve the right to check your photo and delete where there is any doubt.
16. For Security reasons please use the lockers provided. The Management will not take any responsibility for the theft of items not in lockers or damaged items from chlorine. Lockers require a 20p coin that is refundable after use.
17. Please do not change poolside - use the changing rooms and cubicles provided and please keep swimwear on in the showers poolside and within female/ male changing areas.
18. The outdoor pool complex and slides operate from the end of May to September and are operated subject to weather conditions, demands and at our discretion.
19. Eating directly before swimming may make you ill, resulting in sickness and stomach cramps which can be dangerous in a pool environment.
20. Please do not come to the waterpark if you have been suffering from sickness or diarrhoea within the previous 48 hours.
21. All swimming pools are different so please familiarise yourself with the layout and signage to help keep you safe. The pools are different depths and injuries may occur if you do not follow the rules.