Swim update. Opening Information.
From 19th July we are gradually increasing our capacity back up towards 100%. Please bear with us during this time. We do also now have public tickets available but these continue to be restricted whilst we start to increase back capacity.
Please check the timetable and pre-book your visit, we do not accept walk up bookings. This avoids lengthy queues throughout the day and a quicker admission process.
Tickets will continue to be sold online daily 24 hours in advance and released at 10am each day.
Admission will be managed by coloured bands that you will be issued at the entrance and return in the bands bin on the way out. Bands will be sterilised between users.
Everyone entering the waterpark requires a pre booked ticket regardless of whether you intend to swim or not, i.e. including if you just wish to spectate. If you wish to spectate and not enter we have a small inside cafe area overlooking the indoor splash zone.
We will still be paying attention to high frequency touch point cleaning.
Please note we have procedures in place for our team. If they are required to self isolate this will affect the operation of the waterpark. We all have a part to follow the
Book tickets here.
Here is a brief summary of what will be required to ensure everyone’s safety
1. Sessions will need to be pre-booked online in advance. Via the Brean splash website. Booking will be available 24 hours in advance from 10am.
2. Session sales will usually stop 15 minutes before the start of a session unless sold out. Sessions will either be for 45 minutes (lane swim/ family session) with 15 minutes to leave, 60, 75 or 90 minutes long with 15 minutes to leave.
3 Swimmers are required to come 'swim-ready' to reduce the need to use the changing rooms. Ie swimming costume/ shorts under your clothes, please.
4. On arrival please use the hand sanitiser station.
5. Track & trace remains in place however this will no longer be mandatory but we encourage you to take part.
6. Face coverings are recommended to be worn by all those under 12's when entering the waterpark and in the locker and changing room areas.
7. Please shower poolside before entering the water.
8. Spectators will not be permitted unless paying the admission price.
9. The river ride remains closed during 2021 due to social distancing concerns and contact with tyres.
10. You can use the shower and changing rooms after use however where possible please return home and shower to ensure a speedy changeover.
11. If you book a session but can no longer attend please cancel. Paid tickets are nonrefundable.
12. Please do not attend if you have any COVID symptoms. Please cancel your ticket.
13.The outdoor splash operation is subject to the weather. Certain areas may be restricted if capacity has been met, please listen to the lifeguards.
As government restrictions have relaxed we have reviewed our operation. We will still be paying attention to the cleanliness of the gym and touch
We encourage you to still participate in track and trace and this will remain present. Likewise, we encourage you to wear a face covering when moving through the building except for working out.
Please do not visit if you have COVID symptoms or are awaiting a test result.
The following arrangements will be in place.
1. All equipment is will be moved back into the main gym floor.
2. The one way system has been removed so please use the stairs in both directions but respect other people.
3. There remains no need to pre book your gym session. We will be monitor
4. Please come ready to work out and avoid bring any un-necessary items with you. On the gym floor please do not bring any excess clothing or towels. Disposable hand towel is provided.
5. The sauna and steam room will re-open shortly.
6. Please continue to sanitise your hands when you arrive and again before you depart.
7.Within the gym you will find an additional hand sanitiser station and sanitiser spray for you to use with hand towel if you wish to.
8. The showers may now be used.
We are looking to bring back some group exercise classes from September.
Swim School update
Preparing for a safe return for the swim school from 18 April.
We have been busy planning the safe return of the swim school. This has involved us completing our swim school risk assessment and procedures in conjunction with Swim England COVID guidelines. Our swim teachers have also received COVID training.
Things will therefore be a little bit different as your child’s safety and our team’s safety is our first priority.
We ask where possible a maximum of one adult per child within the complex and where possible please do not bring any siblings.
Please do not bring your child to their lesson if they or any of your household is displaying any COVID symptoms. Please ring us to advise you will not be attending on 01278 752113 choosing the swim school option.
Over 11’s are required to wear a face-covering when inside the complex (other than in the water) please play your part in adhering to government guidelines. This includes the reception areas, changing areas and spectating area.
Upon arrival please use the hand sanister station at reception.
Please ensure your child comes ‘swim ready’ for their lesson. This means costume/shorts on under their clothes.
We are operating to a one way system. The family rooms corridor is the way in and either the changing rooms or spectator corridor is the way out. Please follow this.
The changing rooms may be used for removing clothes but please social distance from others.
To avoid congestion with swimmers leaving the pool we ask you and your child to be ready on the poolside in the marked zone for your lesson 5 minutes before the start. This then means the children leaving the pool can do so without clashing with you. If you arrive late please speak to reception who will see if they can safely escort you through. The accompanying adult is required to keep the swimmers bag (don’t use a locker) and then sit on the marked grandstand area.
Please encourage your child to shower on the poolside before your lesson.
Teachers will not be able to teach from within the water in line with Swim England guidance. They have all received COVID training and further training regarding teaching from the poolside. If you child is at level 1 (beginner) these lessons will take place in the baby pool. If you wish to accompany them in the water for your first lesson you may do. In doing so please ensure when in the water you socially distance from others.
Teachers also will be unable to help with goggles so please have a practice with your child and be on standby to assist during their lesson if required. We would like children with longer hair (below the chin) to wear a swim hat this can help their progress a lot.
Lessons will be taking place in the whole 25m pool which means unfortunately at this time we will be unable to offer a pre or post lesson swim.
After your lesson we encourage your child to get changed and leave via the spectator corridor and shower at home. There is another hand sanitiser point on the spectator door.
All swimming aids will be cleaned before and after use. If you would prefer for your child to have their own float you may bring this with you.
We are confident your child will continue to progress with their swimming under COVID procedures. Please feel free to discuss any concerns with Jenny our swim school co-ordinator by emailing email@example.com